Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Orsay...


The other day, I had the good fortune to be included in a tasting over at the restaurant that was Crush, and will be Orsay. Because it was an informal tasting menu with the chefs requesting feedback, I won’t comment on any of the dishes except to say that I am excited to say that this new effort will be an elegant reflection of what Crush once was.

The premise is to be one of a modern French-style bistro. I will say this about one dish though, the crème brulee was some of the best I’ve ever eaten. In fact, it was so good, I ate the entire ramekin; there was the perfect balance of bruleed sugar over creamy, custardy goodness without a hint of the egginess that can ruin the experience.

*The above picture is of Jon Insetta (he of Chew, and majority owner), Brian Siebenschuh (who along with his wife, Crystal Vessels are part owners as well) and Sam standing where the former (back) building stood just 48 hours ago. It is where the new lounge, patio and private dining room will be located.

Projected opening? June.

No comments: