Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to School



When I was growing up, I remember dreading back-to-school. It wasn’t just a return to stuffy classes with kids that scared me. It meant that the summer was over...the next thing worth looking forward to: Christmas...and that was over four months away.

In my family, my brother and I got a few back-to-school clothes, a new bookback, and some fresh notebooks. That was about it. Of course, this was when kids still spent exhaustive amounts of time outside, down the street, or just playing in the street.

So when I saw this faux registration form, it made me laugh, and think about how ridiculously seriously childhood is taken now.

2 comments:

steph said...

oh, you have no idea how different it is now.....

madeleine said...

I know! The little I here is crazy...did you click on the pic? Do so and you can read the hilarity....